Accounting and Financial Reporting
One key consideration that investors should definitely look into prior to investing in a jurisdiction is the Accounting and Auditing legislative framework and the key obligations of the officials of the company in this regard.
An overview of the key considerations are the following:
- Companies must keep proper accounting records sufficient to give a true and fair view of the company’s results and affairs;
- Companies must file an annual return and audited financial statements with the Registrar of Companies;
- Accounting requirements are in line with The Single Accounting Directive published in 2013.
- GAPSME and IFRS as adopted by the EU are the two main accounting standards used in Malta.
- Audit requirement is mandatory, irrespective of the size of the Malta company.
- Consolidation exemptions available in the Maltese Companies Act 1995 and GAPSME.
AlleyBe is a well-established Corporate Services Provider in Malta offering a wide range of Accounting services both for simple structures as well as for companies having significant operations in Malta.Our Services:
- Bookkeeping in accordance with both IFRS and GAPSME;
- Preparation of standalone and/or consolidated financial statements;
- Assistance with Group Reporting and complex accounting;
- Financial and Management Reporting;
- Preparation of Business Plans and project finance transactions;
- Cash management, budgets and forecasts;
- Liquidations and de-registrations;
- Secondment of staff to client teams for short term accounting projects;
- Payroll services;
- Audit coordination;