Malta has established a comprehensive legislative and regulatory framework for the setting up, licensing and marketing of all types of collective investment schemes. CISs established or carrying on activities in Malta are in principle required to obtain a CIS license from the Malta Financial Services Authority (the “MFSA”), Malta’s single regulator for the financial services industry. Consequently, the rules relating to the licensing process are of great significance to parties interested in investing in Malta.
Our team work closely with other practitioners both in Malta and internationally to provide an ‘all-in-one’ service to our financial services clients interested in setting up a fund or an investment services company in Malta.
- Assistance with the setting up and management of local and foreign funds;
- Assistance with the setting up, management and the day to day administration of the company;
- Secretarial services and provision of registered office address;
- Assistance with identifying the right fund platform for the client;
- Assistance with the selection of the external service providers;
- Liaising with the Malta Financial Services Authority;
- Assistance with finding office space and recruitment of employees;
- Drafting of employment contracts and recruitment of employees;
- Payroll services.